The raw milk is never heated past 102 degrees in order to make all these cheeses.
Here's how culturing dairy specifically, consuming various raw cheeses aids the body, according to Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon Morell:
- protects against bone loss by providing bioavailable minerals with enzymes and co-factors (fat soluable vitamins D, K2)
- provides beneficial bacteria and lactic acid to the digestive tract, which guard against illness, pathogens and help to fully digest our food
- increases vitamin B and C content during fermentation
- makes milk more assimilable for those with lactose intolerance a large part of the lactose is transformed into lactic acid
- contains lactase to help break down remaining lactose in the digestive tract
- increases enzyme activity that contributes to digestion