One teaspoon of raw kefir grains can be used to make your own homemade kefir milk drinks. Our farmer cultivated these grains for over a decade. They come in a bit of raw milk to keep them active.
Directions for making raw milk kefir:
1. Transfer the active kefir grains into up to 4 cups of fresh milk.
2. Cover with a coffee filter or butter muslin secured by a rubber band or jar ring.
3. Place in a warm spot, 68Â°-85Â°F, to culture.
4. Culture until milk is slightly thickened and aroma is pleasant. This generally takes 24 hours, but can take less time in warmer temperatures, so keep an eye on your grains.
5. After the milk changes texture and culturing is complete, separate the kefir grains from the finished kefir.
6. Place the kefir grains in a new batch of milk.
7. Store the finished kefir in the refrigerator.
More info can be found here: